The JoCo Primer – General Info
In 2005 I left my day job writing software to pursue music full time. To keep myself busy I released a new song on this website every week for a year in a project called Thing a Week. A few of those songs became big internet hits (my folky cover of Sir Mix-a-Lot’s Baby Got Back, a funny video called Flickr, a song called Code Monkey) and I am now fortunate enough to make my living as a musician.
I write about a lot of geeky stuff because I am a geek. Some of it’s funny, but a lot of it’s not so funny, and even more of it is somewhere in between. I’ve been compared to They Might Be Giants, Barenaked Ladies, Loudon Wainwright III, and other musicians you REALLY LOVE.
I give lots of music away because I believe it helps my cause, and I love it when people use my music to create other stuff – music videos, pictures, remixes, etc. At the moment I’m unsigned, and I’m proud to say I’ve created this whole thing mostly on my own (with plenty of help from an amazingly supportive bunch of fans). But it certainly is getting busy…I will probably sell out and go Hollywood any day now…
Even More Info
- Bio – a more detailed biography.
- FAQ – frequently asked questions.
- Wikipedia – what the internet thinks about me
- Facebook – ugh, OK, fine, Facebook
- Twitter – unimportant updates from me throughout the day
- Instagram – dumb pics of my dumb life
- Contact – how to reach me and my various powerful representative entities