2011: Already too busy
Seems like I just got my land legs back, and already I have a lot going on. To sum up a few things that are happening:
1. Yes, I am doing a song for Portal 2, and no it’s not quite finished yet. But while the success of Still Alive is an impossible thing to live up to, I’m pretty happy with how this new one is turning out. I can tell you that the game itself is also going to be great, regardless of how badly I screw up the song. Look for more news on all of that soon.
2. The new album is back in my sights, after the cruise stole all the attention for a few weeks. I’ve got a few more songs to write and record, but already there are 11 great tracks that I’m extremely excited about. You’ve heard a few of them at shows or maybe caught the performances on YouTube, and to my relief and delight you’ve given me a lot of positive feedback. Thank you. I guess you just haven’t heard the bad ones yet though (sigh).
3. Touring! Yes, I am playing shows again. I’m putting together a larger mass email and post and everything, but in the near term I have San Francisco, LA and Denver next week, Pittsburgh and Baltimore and Philadelphia the week after, and then Seattle, Vancouver and Portland in February. Some of these will be with the band, others will be standard acoustic shows with Paul and Storm. Check my show calendar for details.
4. The next cruise: as difficult as it is for me to plan ahead, I think it would be smart to start thinking about the next JoCo Cruise Crazy. This last one went so well, we’d be nuts to never do it again. I’d like to get some feedback from everyone though, just to see how this one went for you if you were there, and what things might most entice you to join us on the next one if you weren’t. If you have a moment, please take the poll here.
More news as it happens…
Andrew T. Coleman says
Keep it up JoCo!
WONDERFUL, you're going back to the venue I've enjoyed your music the most (in Seattle - the ship was a killer venue!), The Triple Door! It will be such a great place to experience Coulton Going Electric for the first time!
Expect to see us there!
Given that you have now publicly performed 9 of the 11 existing tracks, there's not a lot of room left for these supposed "bad" ones. I know you are just trying to keep our expectations low, but some of us are on to you.
I agree, also i haven't heard a single bad song from you, you choose the best topics, whats a bad song going to be about? Gangrene?
I am REALLY regretting not going on the Cruise (even though I couldn't afford it and the timing was very bad for me as well), would've loved so much to have been there... Definitely have to try to get on the next one.
Also, I really want you to come back to the UK (or maybe even Europe?) again. Dying to see you perform again.
Fata Morgana says
I say this every year, but
Dallas show, please.
Magnificent Minimalist says
HOORAY for another Portal game and another Portal song. =) The thing about "Still Alive" is that every lyric is utterly quotable, so it's really easy to memorize and sing it with people. I am TOTALLY going to start a new savings account marked "MONEY FOR JOCO CRAZY CRUISES" so I never have to miss a cruise; it was so lovely. I never want to miss even one, ever.
Where are all the promised pictures of JoCo in his bathing suit?
It may have some bearing on whether I sign up to go on next year's cruise, or not. (!)
(1) incredibly bummed that I wasn't able to attend the cruise, due to some complications at work making it impossible, and
(2) really, really looking forward to going on the next one.
Are we going to see a return to the UK this year?
I'd like to come back to the UK, but no plans have been made yet. We'll see what I can fit in...
Btw, I love Portal Still Alive song.
You are the best.
"We'll see what I can fit in..."
I remember from when I was a kid We'll see always means no ;(
Really hope you do come abck to the UK, although the last gig feels like it was yesterday for me I would love to see you live again!
C'mon hows about soom good old fashioned manchester pity?
Anonymous Me says
Fingers crossed for a future Alaska cruise!
Also, I took the poll and only got seven questions. Page 3/Question 5 didn't appear for me. Was that by design (for example, question 5 was only for people who were on the first JoCo Cruise Crazy), or was that an error in the poll?
All right, what do we need to do to get you to come do a show in Kansas City? Need more people to sign up on the Eventful thing? Need help pinning down a venue? Need a local promoter's attention, or a radio station?
I've got to believe there's enough demand (you do know that nearby Lawrence, KS more or less counts as the same area, and most fans are willing to drive the 20 minutes between the two, right?) Just let us know what's holding things back, what we can do...
Saw Gregs video. Looks like a good time was had by all!
I don't see anything wrong with a song about gangrene. It's an under-appreciated symptom, as far as I'm concerned.
"All right, what do we need to do to get you to come do a show in Kansas City? Need more people to sign up on the Eventful thing? Need help pinning down a venue? Need a local promoter’s attention, or a radio station?
I’ve got to believe there’s enough demand (you do know that nearby Lawrence, KS more or less counts as the same area, and most fans are willing to drive the 20 minutes between the two, right?) Just let us know what’s holding things back, what we can do…"
I totally agree. Coming to Kansas City, (Or even Topeka!) would be Manna from heaven.