I’m having trouble keeping up with all the comments and emails, so I apologize if you feel like you’re not getting any love. Rest assured, I love you very much. Let me try to address a few things here all at once:
1. I do have a child. A baby girl child. All donations go directly to her (after passing through my crack habit).
2. Some reports from people having trouble with a few of the mp3s on the songs page. I think this has been corrected, but please let me know if you are unable to hear or download any of them.
3. The Shop Vac solo’s up. It’s official, Vincent is the winning solo. As for posting the other versions, I’ll have to give it some thought – doesn’t that undermine Vincent’s glorious triumph?
4. Karaoke versions – I think this is a great idea, and when I have time I will set up a section of songs without vocals so you all can impress your friends the way I have impressed mine.
5. Lyrics for Thing a Week songs are on their way. This is just another thing on my list that I haven’t gotten to, but I’m working on it.
6. My album “Jonathan Coulton Sings Songs by Black People” was a joke. I was attempting to underscore the ridiculous fact that here it is 2005 and white people like me still can’t stop themselves stealing from black culture. I was only kidding, but so many people seem to think it’s such a good idea that I may have to actually do it. Stay tuned…
And now some funny things:
My Ikea lyrics have been quoted in the Oregonian in an article about Ikea. They think I’m a real musician!
And I can’t forget the most important thing: I’ve been Wil Wheatoned! Screw you Slashdot.