|Release||Thing a Week Four|
- Forty-second Thing a Week, released July 21, 2006
- The song was inspired by various 70s horror movies that "scared the hell" out of Jonathan Coulton when he was a child.
- The "correct response" to the big reveal, according to Jonathan, is "Ooooh". - video
- On the "Best. Concert. Ever." CD Jonathan sings the "just behind the door" section of the first verse again, after the old man's creaky bones
- if you listen closely to the song, the doll is the equivalent of a wife
- The Magic: the Gathering card "Creepy Doll" is a reference to this song
Horror, surrealism, allegory.
|JoCo Looks Back|
|Best. Concert. Ever.|